Monaco + events + restaurants

Event details subject to change
Districts in Monaco

What's on in Monaco 23 Dec 2021-5 Jan 2022

Things to do in Monaco and Monte Carlo

Delivered to your email box first thing on Thursday morning.

December 23rd Newsletter

It was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well. (1)

Hope you're ready for the holidays. We'll be taking a week's break ourselves, so the next newsletter will be 6 January 2022.

Turkey, goose, roast spuds and sprouts. For many Christmas is all about the good food, and if you don't want to cook it yourself during the holidays, SBM has got you covered. You're bound to find something tempting in one of its restaurants. Christmas Eve with Yannick Alleno in the Hermitage, Christmas Day at Blue Bay or Cafe de Paris, and New Year's Eve at the Grill.

A word of caution tho'. In Monday's Monaco Matin, Mathieu Liberatore of the CHPG supplied "des elements factuels ... des chiffres indiscutables"; of 17 people hospitalised in Monaco for Covid, 12 are not vaccinated. Over the border 80% of Covid patients admitted to hospital in the Alpes-Maritimes are unvaccinated, and the remaining 20% are missing their second or booster shot. Consequently, health care workers are asking the public to consider those who may need to visit hospital for problems unrelated to Covid and to do everything possible to ensure you don't end up there yourself. Keep your mask on, get your double vaccine and booster, and avoid crowded, unventilated spaces.

You may have heard that the French are considering replacing the health pass with a vaccine pass. Monaco's Minister of State Pierre Dartout says the Government is closely watching France and there may be an announcement in the next few days.

Some good news for football fans. Last weekend AS Monaco beat Red Star 0-2 and so the team is through to the next round of the Coupe de France. The next match takes place 2 January, away, against Quevilly-Rouen Metropole.

And finally...

Have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

(1) This week's quote refers to the reformed Scrooge at the end of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol.

What's on in Monaco

© Copyright Lydia Porter & Monaco-IQ 2007-2022 • All rights reserved • NoticesPrivacy