Hercule Florence: le nouveau Robinson
From 17 March to 11 June, an exhibition of around 400 works, mostly drawings and manuscripts, by 19th century Monegasque-Brazilian inventor and artist Hercule Florence. International artists' works that have been produced for the exhibition are on display.
- daily, 10:00-18:00
- entry 6 euros
- free entry on Sundays
The show is curated by Linda Fregni Nagler and Cristiano Raimondi.
Florence invented a system for the musical notation of bird songs called the Zoophonia, and a printing method based on the principles of photography called Polygraphia. Whilst in Brazil he also invented a photographic process, independently from contemporary research being carried out in Europe at the time.
Related eventsAll events take place in Villa Paloma and are in French, unless otherwise stated.
- 16 Mar, 19:00, Conference autour d'Hercule Florence
- 29 Mar, 18:30, Une histoire de la photographie
- 10-13 Apr (tbc), workshop for ages 7-12
- 11 May, 18:30, De Monaco a Campinas
- mid-May (tbc), Hercule et Amazonie
- every Sunday, 16:00, lecture of extracts from Hercule Florence manuscripts